Monday, July 15, 2013

Actions Reflect Your Title

Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.” –Proverbs 10:9
Men, have you recently taken an inventory of your life to see if you’re walking with integrity and good character? So often I just go through the motions of my life and “I think” I’m walking as a Christian man in a certain way but when I start looking back at my recent actions I realize my integrity is lacking big time and my character is being tarnished. Sure, I can fool some people throughout my day but the Holy Spirit convicts me when I take the time to examine myself to see how often I fall short and give into sin and temptation. I notice how often my actions don’t add up to my being a Godly man full of good character. It’s like I want the title of being a “Godly man” but my actions don’t prove that I am. The same goes for you men.
What do your actions say about your integrity as a man? Are you constantly messing up and giving into your second mind which is the mind of the world instead of listening to the mind of Christ? The definition of integrity is “The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.” This also means doing the right thing even when nobody is looking. Remember men, God sees all our actions and he knows what truly is on our mind and in our heart. There’s no fooling him. Sure, you can put on a good front and fool everybody else around you but God knows the inner workings of your heart and he has the final say on your life of what blessings you receive from him. Give him a reason to bless you guys. He loves you nonetheless but he has great things in store for you if you will obey him. Even if you don’t always see his blessings in your life, remember a huge blessing of obedience is not having to live with the regret and wounds that sin brings to one’s life. He saves you from a lot of pain and bitterness if you’re willing to listen and obey.

We’ve all heard the phrase, “Actions speak louder than words.” This definitely applies to our integrity or lack thereof. Stop fooling yourself to think you’re more righteous and good than you are. What do your actions say about you, not your words? Take a look at what your thoughts, attitude, and actions have been and go back and ask for forgiveness and God’s strength to make the necessary changes needed to walk purely, full of genuine integrity, not just a life of “good intentions.” God does forgive but your actions should show a genuine love and desire for the things of God not just skating to get by and living a half-hearted existence as a Christian man. God holds us accountable men. We are to be his leaders! What would you think of an army ranger cowering in fear when he comes upon the enemy or a police officer running away from a criminal instead of protecting the innocent or a fireman running away from a fire instead of doing his duty to try and put it out? We would call those men cowards. Remember, our actions should reflect what’s inside of us and will determine what kind of a man we truly are in this life! We are to be leaders and our actions should reflect the title of a “Christian man of God.”

Look back at your actions from the past and make the changes needed to head forward in your life towards the things of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment